NAV recommends keeping a record of which jobs you apply for so that you have a system. NAV provides advice and guidance on job hunting.
How do you find vacant positions?
- On Nav.no you will find NAVs stillingsbase (Norwegian). This is constantly being updated with new jobs.
- The 'job mail' service on Nav.no will regularly email you a summary of jobs that match your qualifications.
- There are many other online job databases you can search to find vacant positions. Keep a list of the websites that are most relevant for you.
- Call or visit employers in person even if they have not advertised a vacant position.
- Check newspapers and periodicals.
- Check employers' websites.
- Use your entire network.
- Contact temporary employment agencies.
- Use telephone directories to gain a good overview of industries and regions.
- Come to NAV's job fairs. Here you can meet employers face to face.
- Many universities and university colleges arrange career days.